VSWR to return loss conversion
“ Convert VSWR ”
This is an online conversion tool for converting between VSWR
, return loss and reflection coefficient, which are different ways to express how well a load is matched to a source. These parameters are often applied to antennas, RF
filters and RF
amplifiers such as LNA
s and PA
Return loss can be measured by using microwave and RF test equipment such as a signal generator, directional coupler along with a spectrum analyser or power meter, or alternatively by using a vector network analyser. Test equipment is often combined with software tools such as RF simulators by RF engineers to improve impedance matches between circuit blocks.
VSWR to Return loss
- VSWR may be specified as 3:1 or just 3.
- Return loss should be positive in dB.
- Reflection coefficient can be any numeric value.
- Results are rounded to 3 decimal places.
- Results supplied by this program are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.